The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- When I hover my cursor over your icon on Facebook, your photo gets bigger and it tells me how many friends we have in common. #notenough 11 hours ago
- The kind of day where every traffic light turns orange upon approaching. #that 21 hours ago
- I envy Parrots for all their colour. They look Radiant! A Flamboyant of Parrots? A Fiesta? instagram.com/p/nIvAz9sY2s/ 1 day ago
- For Ian. Thanks for the Visit at the Shop today. Was lovely to laugh about nonsense again. X… instagram.com/p/nIa5M4MY9w/ 1 day ago
- #detail of our accidentally smudged #VOC dish. I love it when disasters spawn Beauty. instagram.com/p/nIIwwrsY9D/ 1 day ago