The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- If a dead cat is swinging at 60km/h and hits you between the eyes before it hits terminal velocity how long will it take for you to recover? 15 hours ago
- A bad day in October to be an Oscar. #OscarPistorious #OscardelaRenta 1 day ago
- Sunday should always be about #PhilipGlass and the #DublinGuitarQuartet. Enjoy your Sunday dear followers! youtube.com/watch?v=OUMCs-… 3 days ago
- RT @TrevorStuurman: Silence can never be misquoted. 4 days ago
- Youth really helps at making the Young bearable. 4 days ago