The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- The Spanish Dancing Lady #Emoticon is so damn versatile!!! Who knew it could be used in so many different situations? 4 days ago
- 2014: The year that will be remembered for aviation disasters, mass-kidnapping of young women and people drenching themselves in ice-water. 6 days ago
- A Summer Body is never going to happen... I'm looking into getting an Autumn one instead. #countdowntoSummer 6 days ago
- Dawn of #Impressionism pinpointed to 7.35am on November 13, 1872. dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ar… 1 week ago
- When you meet a complete stranger and they greet you by your Handle, you really start to question what it means to 'know' someone. 1 week ago