The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- I can't believe so many people dressed up as dull, unimaginative human beings today. Some were more convincing than others. #Halloween 17 hours ago
- There's a #Poltergeist at #ChandlerHouse. YIKES! http://t.co/L15c8MJVG6 17 hours ago
- "6am is like midnight for gamers." - haha! Lovely post seen on a #DOTA2 forum 19 hours ago
- I can't remember what #ReneeZellweger used to look like. 1 day ago
- At this rate, there will be no Candy left tomorrow. #trickortreatorfattyboomboom 1 day ago