The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- The #OZCF should replant their beds in the shape of a giant corporate logo facing Robben Island. That'll save it from being shut down. #sad 3 hours ago
- You'd swear Mercury was in retrograde... Shiesh! 2 days ago
- RT @MarcBuhrer: Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shit #love #life #bullshit @bella_velo He he he 3 days ago
- "The delicate lines of getting older around his brown eyes were like tributaries to his smile." 3 days ago
- Q: Whats the difference between a contemporary art gallery and a car dealership showroom? A: You can drive a Car. 3 days ago