The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- I have a feeling that #shriendewani is going to give us what #oscarpistorious didn't. 4 days ago
- If anything cologne was not made to make one smell better, but rather to conjure up memories that smell better now than they ever did. 5 days ago
- Two people I really wouldn't want to be today: judge #ThokozileMasipa and #OscarPistorius 5 days ago
- Have you visited our new #Voorkamer Gallery yet? "Flourish", a lush show by Patricia Fraser is now showing. #Spring http://t.co/3cS8AWe58j 6 days ago
- Is their a spell to stop you feeling stupid while casting one under a #supermoon? 1 week ago