The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- I hope they make a movie about these #SonyHack emails. They are the most interesting thing to come out of Hollywood in ages. 3 days ago
- A huge thank you to @MaeRugs for treating me with delicious treats! I'm so excited about our future "project"! X o X http://t.co/hP4fjiolSS 4 days ago
- Have a foreign Lover is such fun. This #lostintranslation moment is priceless. http://t.co/dJScCHhm0d 4 days ago
- RT @ThoughtCatalog: 3 Incredibly Simple Things You’ll Do When You Find Your True Love tcat.tc/1suvvyh http://t.co/BPGeCpCGEO 5 days ago
- I have this theory that the diminishing Glamour in Fashion Magazines is directly related to the use of Photoshop. 5 days ago