There is little that has given me as much pleasure as working with ceramics. Fashioned out of Earth with the help of Water, it dries in the Air and is hardened by Fire; this alchemical process is one of the oldest forms of decorative arts and its techniques are largely unchanged.
I have been playing with clay since I was four years old and have always found myself coming back to it in five year cycles. I love the colour, the texture, the functionality and the versatility of ceramics. I have posted below a range of pieces that I have designed. To read more about them, click on the headings which will take you to their full feature page.
- RT @VISI_Mag: Michael Taylor's ceramic exhibition opens at @MrChandlerHouse's Voorkamer Gallery this week: bit.ly/1UIKCTB https://… 2 years ago
- RT @HouseGardenSA: Capetonians, don't miss 'While We Were Lost', an exhibition by Michael Taylor @MrChandlerHouse, opening 3 Feb https://t.… 2 years ago
- Jacob Zuma was sent to Earth to Unite South Africans after Mandela died. #ZumaMustFall 2 years ago
- RT @Curatably: The love of my blue and white Cape Dutch guest bedroom. @mrchandlerhouse plates and cushion… instagram.com/p/_Hjdk-NWr8/ 2 years ago
- RT @VISI_Mag: #ICYMI There's a pretty new exhibition at The Voorkamer Gallery at @MrChandlerHouse ---> bit.ly/1LQe6bl https://t.co… 2 years ago