The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- G-d doesn't wash his brushes between colours when painting Tulips. 💛💛💚💛 http://t.co/MPCD1p0sLL 1 day ago
- One of my favourite Quotes, by dear friend, Mother of Four and incredible artist - cathyjgabraham ✒️📜🍴 instagram.com/p/2oGJGfsY82/ 1 week ago
- You know you're on diet when you dream of eating bread by mistake. #dukandiet 1 week ago
- Main road, Jamestown, St Helena. It's so cute from up on #HalfTreeHollow. The street looks like a row… instagram.com/p/2jU5EnsYyN/ 1 week ago
- Wishing all the Mamas, Mothers, Mummies and Maaaaarms a Lovely Day from the City Hall. Happy Mother's… instagram.com/p/2frlqwMYwX/ 1 week ago