The Neo-Classical Beaded Mirror is the latest in the beaded design series and pays particular attention to the forms, proportions and dimensions of existing Adam-Style Gilded Mirrors. Whilst there is of course some interpretation by the ‘beadsmith’ of the original 18th Century design, this Mirror is more refined than the previous beaded mirror designs. I am also quite taken by the basic rectangular form of the mirror’s frame. Rigid, four-sided shapes are rather ‘un-African’ and I think that this quadrangle form makes the contrast between the African beads and the Euro-centric design all the more exciting and explicit. The Neo-Classical Mirror’s Cresting has been applied with vertical festoons which catch light breezes – adding movement and a gentle Spirit to the piece. The shadows that are cast off the Mirror at night by Evening Lighting are equally as bewitching.
- RT @MatannaKatz: @mrchandlerhouse you are one of the most talented and inspiring people I know and it is always such a… https://t.co/B7xkf2… 2 days ago
- RT @sarah__evelyn: So enjoyed exploring Chandler House with my friend @mrchandlerhouse yesterday! #capetown treasure… https://t.co/93sNOOO0… 2 days ago
- RT @MatannaKatz: A ship importing crockery sailing over a sea of crockery. 😱💙👌🏻🚢 @mrchandlerhouse you are a… instagram.com/p/5ukAzTi3je/ 2 days ago
- When your #MysteryPostcard sender Quotes @markruffalo - life just gets a whole lot more Magical. instagram.com/p/49CNxmMY2K/ 3 weeks ago
- When autocorrect changes Miyake to Mistake. #irony 3 weeks ago